15 September 2008

BYU-UCLA

I just thought I'd mention here how fun it was to watch the BYU-UCLA game on Saturday, and listen to Greg Wrubell's call on KSL Newsrado 102.7 FM and 1160 AM.



There's almost nothing I love better than shutting up critics in a resounding way--and Saturday accomplished that.

It's not every day a team wins 59-0.


Junior quarterback Max Hall tied a BYU record with seven touchdown passes
in the Cougars' 59-0 victory over UCLA. (BYU Photo/Mark Philbrick)


(Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times)

"BYU sure showed me: OK, I admit it, I was wrong.  BYU came out with fury against UCLA and showed anyone who might have questioned whether the cougars belonged in the BCS buster conversation that there was no doubt.  Quarterback Max Hall needs to be considered a dark horse for the Heisman if he's not already.  Obviously, a lot of contenders had great games on Saturday, but only Hall threw seven touchdowns." -- Graham Watson, ESPN.com

I'd probably feel like Verner too if my team had just lost 59-0.
(Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times)

No comments: