28 August 2008

KSL Sports Radio Internship

Anyone that looks at the date on the previous post will see that I am pathetically behind on my Blog. Well, I've been inspired by the faithful dedication of my new boss to HIS Blog.
If you recognize him, it's because he is a local celebrity. I say local, but his influence is far-reaching. His name is Greg Wrubell. You may know him as "The Voice of the Cougars."

Yes, out of the I'm-not-sure-how-many people who applied for the internship, I was the one lucky soul who was selected. So, KSL Radio has now become an integral part of my life, and will be for at least the next 14 weeks or so.

Thus far, it has been great. Greg is awesome to work with, and I feel like I'm actually part of the action and that what I am doing really helps.

The schedule for me is thus:

Mondays, we have a BYU Football press-conference at Legends Grille from 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. That's where we gather our audio for the week's radio segments. Coach Bronco Mendenhall and two players are the speakers.

Tuesday through Thursday, I drive up to KSL's Headquarters in Salt Lake (in a car that probably shouldn't be doing that--I'll get into that more later), and I'm there from 6:00 - 9:00 a.m. That's when I cut up the audio from the press conference, teleconferences, the Bronco Mendenhall Show, etc. into usable soundbites for air.

Saturdays (or gameday) I am once again in Salt Lake for the pre-game show, the game, and the post-game show. It usually takes about 8 hours. As I haven't yet done this, I'm not sure exactly what I will do there.


Greg Wrubell's Blog:
"Cougar Tracks"

No comments: